Ajbenny2525

CJ1W_AD081_V1 Fault after power reboot

12 posts in this topic

Dont know much about Omron PLCs

I,m having an issue with my analog cards losing there configurations when doing a power cycle on the plc. Is there a default bit that has to be selected to hold the setups?

I have my Rack 02 in a different MCC and its using a different power supply would this cause a problem if that MCC went down and the other rack with the plc held up? The PLC and extensions IOs are connected using the ribbon cables. I,m not on site yet to verify this myself. Hopefully someone will have an answer before i head to site to resolve this issue

Thanks

Model number of PLC and cards?

CJ2M CPU33 and CJ1W-AD081.....I transfer PC to Unit , I restart it, I put plc back in run mode and it works fine. If I compare in IO table and unit setup it will show all mismatches , it won’t affect it up until power cycle then all them default values will transfer in

Battery? These values are stored in DMs that are battery backed up.

I’ll check battery tomorrow.

But the plc is running now and everything is ok. If I compare the analog card it will show me a load of miss matches already.All defaults settings are in the unit it says? But everything is ok and analogs are enabled and are set to 4-20ma, but the miss matches are showing  disabled and -+10V and if there is a mains fail all these values will come in then. Would the battery be a issue then if it’s already showing me these errors?

Edited by Ajbenny2525

Check the D area associated with the module.  Based on the unit number, m = D20000 + 100 x unit number (as shown in chart below):

5d6691ccae962_AD0811.jpg.16058348ea5047e

5d66921397378_AD0812.thumb.jpg.b6466dab4

It is possible that your program is overwriting this area (or the batter is NG).  

Refer to section 3-5 in this manual for details on this area:  http://www.edata.omron.com.au/eData/PLCs/CJ1/W345-E1-12.pdf

Thanks Lads,

Something is over writing into D20000 to D20500 but i can,t see it been used in memory area?  Can i  just moved the unit numbers to 7,8 and 9 and i should be ok. Any idea how its been over writing

Edited by Ajbenny2525

37 minutes ago, Ajbenny2525 said:

Any idea how its been over writing

Not without seeing the code.  Attach your program (.cxp file).

1 person likes this

Hi 

Use the Cross-ref ( ALT -X ) and you can see that the program use D20XXX in the section Bally_Flow_AVG

You have a functionblock AVG300 with AT_D20000

Banker

Edited by banker
2 people like this

Thanks Lads,

I just moved that  AT_D20000 to a different variable. I was trying to cross references using the find bit address tab. 

On 8/28/2019 at 5:43 PM, Ajbenny2525 said:

Omron Error

@Ajbenny2525 Nope.  Program error.