Blackd50

Profibus QJ71PB92V

6 posts in this topic

Trying to figure out how to read the configuration imagine file .dpi ? I am using GX Configurator-DP 7.12N with GX Works2. I am trying

to upload the configuration from the Profibus module QJ71PB92V, the only upload I can find is the configuration imagine upload. But I have 

no idea how to open it and very the configuration settings of the module!

4 hours ago, Blackd50 said:

Trying to figure out how to read the configuration imagine file .dpi ? I am using GX Configurator-DP 7.12N with GX Works2. I am trying

to upload the configuration from the Profibus module QJ71PB92V, the only upload I can find is the configuration imagine upload. But I have 

no idea how to open it and very the configuration settings of the module!

Hi Blackd50.

Firstly, welcome to the forum. If memory serves me correctly- the file you should be working with is a .dp2 file.

Please clarify- so you need to "upload"? (from the PB92V) or download (.dp2 file to PB92V), either way- you need to set the initial head address and communication path in order to exchange any level of information in the Configurator-DP software.

Regards

Daniel

It's not possible to open an uploaded config file. It's only for back-up and download.
If you don't have the config file you will have to create it again.

There are some things you can monitor though which might help you like station numbers refresh area's etc.

Thanks for the response!! I was at a customer last week troubleshooting for them. The module in the machine would fault during hottest times of the day. So I asked

for a back up copy of the PLC and Profibus programs, the only copy the customer had was from 2006 and did not match what was in the machine. So I tried to upload -

PLC program no problem uploaded, everything fine!

But for the Profibus, the configuration file did not match what was in the machine!  I could not find a way to upload the configuration file .dp2 from the module QJ71PB92V.

The only upload I could find is the configuration imagine file .dpi , not sure what this is for? So in the end we contacted the original programmer, he sent us

an excel sheet showing the configuration set up. I changed the configuration setup, verified with the machine,  everything match. Now I had a back up PLC and Profibus

programs if the module should fail again! ( After changing the filters on the electrical panel, the module did not fault anymore. )

I guess the real question I am asking, is there away to extract the .dp2 from the QJ71PB92V module ? 

Thanks

27 minutes ago, Blackd50 said:

I guess the real question I am asking, is there away to extract the .dp2 from the QJ71PB92V module ? 

Nope ...But it should be part of your GX works 2 project.