mr_electrician

Auto Screen Switch

5 posts in this topic

I am going to be up front and honest here guy's but I am not good (yet) at Structured Programming.  I want to have a screen that appears on startup only stay for an X amount of time before switching to the main Overview Screen.

How do I go about this within the HMI only?  Where can I look for a reference on how to program Structured Text for these HMI's?

Screen Move.jpg

Edited by mr_electrician
typo
1 person likes this

I would create a global event that calls a subroutine that I called "SwitchFromMain" every second, like this:

5d4dcf1a251eb_GlobalEvent.thumb.jpg.510d

This is what my subroutine looks like:

Subroutine.jpg.b35c0ed58701b0c85f12f6bf8

I am sure that there are other ways to do this, but this is what I came up with.  

Subroutine.jpg

Ok, I thought on this a little bit more and wanted to come up with a way that it only calls the subroutine when it is on the Intro_Page.  No reason to call it once you have switched.  Instead of making a Global Event that calls the subroutine, go to the Intro_Page and display the Events and Actions window (View pulldown -> Events and Actions).

Then, add a new event based on a condition and have it call the subroutine.  Like this:

PageEvent.jpg.c3784332b73ea230c5180157e1

As far as where to find documentation on the VB like programming in the NA, I have no answer as of yet.

If you open help in Sysmac Studio with a code window open, it's all documented there.  Never seen that file available as a PDF though...