fat-chen

Data register lost when power off

5 posts in this topic

Hi, i'm new to plc.
I have complete my gx developer/got200 using mostly data register like count and timers. However i came across a problem. wheven ever electricity went off or i power off the plc. all data are lost. Is there a way to maintain these data in plc during power offline?

thank you.

@fat-chen Please tell us which model do you use. I will assume that you use FX or Q series

For FX Series there are data register that latch with battery backup on some D register please check at programming manual for each model.

For Q Series you can adjust range for latch data with battery (if it is new inbox battery is in install under CPU but not connect with connector) in example (D300 - D500) that you can adjust them in PLC Parameter -> Device.

If it's a default or constant value, you can just write sequence in the beginning of your program like:

Initial.thumb.jpg.51ef69271278c3dd25c65c

This way, when you power on the PLC or stop->run your program those values will be loaded in those data registers and you can modify D0 to D4 with HMI, if needed.

Edited by glavanov

Thank you everyone. Fx3s it is. and i found out that some Data register are kept eeprom. Cheers