Steve Bailey

Many likes

6 posts in this topic

All of a sudden I'm getting notifications that someone is liking many of my old posts. A couple dozen since 26 July and most of them came in today. Anyone else seeing this? Any ideas why?

2 people like this

We havie been deleting inappropriate posts all weekend.  Could be related as it started Friday.

3 people like this

Seven more likes since I started this thread. The likes are coming from LucasHex, Brantsi, Galenstaf, and Ridgefage. all of whom became forum members on 25 July and none of them have posted anything.

2 people like this

I am not sure if you guys can, but if you mark them as a SPAMMER, "ALL of their posts" become hidden at that point. I've been trying to delete them as they get reported. I know Mark does a good job reporting. Thank you Mark!

2 people like this

The people I'm seeing aren't posting anything (unless one of the moderators deletes their posts before I see them). All they are apparently doing is clicking on the "Like this" icon in all of the posts in topics in which I've participated in the GE section of the forum. As a consequence every time I visit the forum I see multiple notifications. When I drill down I see that the same four culprits are always responsible.

I'm wondering if there is some vulnerability in the forum software if all posts in a topic have been liked. And since the common denominator to the notifications I've seen is that I'm a participant in that topic, I'm concerned that my personal data could be exposed. That's primarily why I was asking if any other members have seen the same pattern of activity in topics they're involved with.

2 people like this

i noticed the same thing. forum measures may block spammers from posting but they continue to annoy by using likes for example.

2 people like this