Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
scotty134

R88-1S servos with immidiate stop

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have a project where I need to synchronize 2 servos. I use GearIn command to sync this servos. I created 1 virtual axis and attached my 2 physical servos to virtual one. Based on application logic I need to stop sync servos when count from sensor reached max value. To stop the servos I'm using ImmidiateStop command. For some reason stop point for this servos variate based on servos speed. 

How I can improve my stop point?   

Thanks!

Immediate Stop is meant to be like a safe stop function, it's speed of stop is based on physical forces.  No deceleration is applied, so yes it will change based on the speed.

You're going to need to decel the axes to make them stop at the same time.  Just use a very rapid decel rate, and calculate it based on the speed of the axis, so they can stop in the same amount of time.

You could also move "stop trigger point" on the counter back a fixed known distance and then issue a relative move command to the virtual axis with it set to abort the original command.  Then you will have control over how far the servos move after receiving the stop command.  This option will take the variability out of the distance if the speed (while counting) changes from one operation to the next.