Civet

PLC station numbers, network numbers, etc (GOT Ethernet Comms)

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

I've done simple Ethernet networks between a FX3GE and a GOT. Under Ethernet Controller Settings in GT Designer, I set the station number for the PLC to 1 and I set the GOT station number to a different number. Under what circumstances would the station number under Ethernet Controller Settings be set to a different number (other than 1)? Would it be set to a different number when there are multiple PLCs connected to the GOT? How is the PLC station number set? Is it set somewhere in GX Works2? I'm a little confused about network numbers and station numbers in general. If you can point me to a useful manual it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

@Civet For station no. and network no. on PLC side are virtual. That means you don't need to setting them on PLC side. You just setting them on GOT side only.

For more information about these parameters please check at this link below at page 181 and 184.

https://www.allied-automation.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/MITSUBISHI_GOT2000-Connection-Manual-Mitsubishi-Product-For-GT-Works3.pdf

Ahhh... Thank you very much. That makes sense now.