FlexKook

Stopping Servo Motor

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

I would first like to express that I am new to programming PLC's and most of my experience has come from troubleshooting existing programs, so my knowledge is very limited.  Which is why I joined this forum.

A little background on my project:

I am upgrading the controls of an existing machine that feeds, strips and cuts wire material.  I have replaced the old AC Induction Motor with a Mitsubishi HG-KR73K Servo Motor, so I can gain positioning accuracy.  I have an FX5U-32MR/ES PLC, FX5-40SSC-S Motion Controller & GS2107-WTBD HMI.  I decided to use the Step Ladder programming method, since the machine operates automatically.  I was able to successfully program the Servo Motor, so it would motion the material to specific positions.

The issue I am running into is trying to stop the Servo Motor motion during a fault or when selecting the "Auto Stop" button I added to the HMI.  If I touch the "Auto Stop" push button or if the machine runs into a fault in the middle of the servo motion, the servo will motion until it reaches its position, then the machine stops.  This makes sense to me, but I assume there must be a command to stop the servo motor on the spot?  I can't seem to find this "Stop Servo Motion" command.

Please advise.

Thanks,

FlexKook

As you are new there are a few things you should know (maybe you know already)

Here you can find some free online tranings on simple motion and iQ-F
https://www.mitsubishielectric.com/fa/assist/e-learning/index.html

There are FB in GX Works 3 available you can use. But if you prefer or have experience with the PLC OPEN standard there are FB for that too but you have to download them form the Mitsubishi site.

Check sections 1.1 Start, 1.2 Stop, 1.3 Restart from this manual:  http://suport.siriustrading.ro/01.DocAct/1.%20Automate%20programabile%20PLC/1.2.%20Compacte%20MELSEC%20FX/1.2.4.%20Module%20numarare%20rapida%20si%20pozitionare/FX5-SSC-S%20-%20User's%20Manual%20(Application)%20IB(NA)-0300253-D%20(10.16).pdf

When Motion module programing tool is open, you can find XLS file with buffer memory addresses in the help drop down menu.

Control data Cd.180 - Axis Stop.

Page 573 Stop program example.

Page 571 Restart program example.

You can create sequence program and use that signal to stop motion of you axis while positioning is preformed.

When your safety conditions are met, you can use restart to complete the positioning...

Here's description of the function blocks if you need it:  https://dl.mitsubishielectric.com/dl/fa/document/manual/ssc/bcn-b62005-719/bcn-b62005-719-b.pdf

Edited by glavanov

Thank you all so much!  The samples in the instruction manual really helped!  I have yet to use function blocks, but perhaps down the road I will.