SEMOG

MODBUS-RTU slave

3 posts in this topic

At this moment I was asked to change one CJ2M's program (in Ladder, and the PLC is the slave) in order to make a list of desired variables "readable" by the master (an host computer/ SCADA) wich is using the protocol MODBUS-RTU. I only have to work on the PLC' side and i only know the name of the variables and their corresponding address.
I already read the "CS/CJ Serial Communication Unit Operation Manual" but i still have some doubts:

- The only way to define my slave address is done by writing a code to put the value of the address on the corresponding bits of DM area? or can i define the address using some feature of CX-Programmer?

- (A CJ1W-SCU41-V1 is already implemented in the field) on the slave'side i only have to make sure the variables are allocated on the right place, according to the master's commands and modbus' addresses, right?

- I read something related to the frames sended by the slave as responses for each master's command, am I supposed to write some code to do this task or it is done automatically?

- Imagine the master is using the "Read coils" command, in OMRON there are 4 memory area associated to this data model "Coil" by default it is associated to CIO area, can i switch in the slave to Holding area without problem?

Sorry about my english and this extensive text. Thanks.

Edited by SEMOG

Are these functions necessary on the slave side when using a Serial Communication Unit (in my case the CJ1W-SCU41-V1)? I think i already read something related to it saying they are not necessary

Edited by SEMOG