larryhts

SCADA Free no limits send data from PLC’s to SQL database.

4 posts in this topic

I am using MS Visual Studio Community 2017 (free)  www.visualstudio.microsoft.com/downloads/

SQLite (free)  www.sqlite.org/index.html

AdvancedHMI’s HMI package (free) www.advancedhmi.com

This allows me to use Visual Basic to connect to all types of PLC’s and Interments.

I have not found anything that I could not connect to yet. The Allen Bradley Drives are faster than RS-Links drivers. I have 12 machines, 4 Robots, 2 injection molding machines, many servo’s and VFD’s.

I use SQLite to keep sets of parameters and last data on the machines. All production data is sent to the main SQL Sever DB. We scan serial numbers and validate them to the main data base before each part can run on that station. This system is faster than any of the SCADA packages I have used in the past. And the best part is that it’s free with no limits.

You can make any PC a back up HMI for any machine.

All it takes is a little learning.

Here is the list of drivers:

Capture drivers.JPG

Do you have the source code posted somewhere? GitHub? The Modbus interests me!

1 person likes this

Everyone know HMI, PLC and SCADA Systems are perfect for industrial Automation, But I cant and have not too much technically knowledge about the same. But you can visit Schneider Electric India FAQ section and ask the same question on the FAQ page.

I've been running tests on NODE-RED and I'm impressed so far. The hardware seems to be the only limit I can find.