GL3NN

ML1100 And Analogue Expansion Module

10 posts in this topic

Hi Guru's I'm in a bit of a pickle and hoping you can help...... I have a ML1100 with an analogue input/ouput expansion module hanging off it but i can't seem to get the 0 to +10v I:1.0 working i have set 

Have you put it in your I/O configuration?  What address are you looking at?  I:1.0?  You say it is not working, what value are you seeing?

Hi Guru's I'm in a bit of a pickle and hoping you can help...... I have a ML1100 with an analogue input/ouput expansion module 1762-OF4 hanging off it but i can't seem to get the 0 to +10v

( I:1.0 ) working i have read the I/O config and adjusted the settings in the I/O config so the inputs should look for 0 to +10v but it only reading a max of 64 on I:1.0 please see image below 

when i remove the analogue input from I:1.0 and use the built in analogue Input on the ML1100  I:0.4 it works fine and the output from 1762-OF4 O:1.0 is giving me a 0-10v just as id expect.

My question is why isnt the input working on the card? im using 0 to +10v so my common is 0v Please see images below

2019-06-10 (1).png

2019-06-10 (2).png

2019-06-10 (3).png

2019-06-10.png

You say you have a 1762-OF4 but your I/O configuration shows a 1762-IF2OF2.  Which is it?  

Sorry the expansion mod is a  1762-IF2OF2

Also data format for your 1762-IF2OF2 inputs are.. Set for "Raw proportional"

0 volts = 0 counts

10.5 volts = 32767

or

0 volts = 0 counts

10.0 volts = 31207 counts

Edited by Mickey
1 person likes this

Mickey is accurate as always.

The manual for the ML1100 Analog Input 0-10V also says that the 10Bit Unsigned integer is reflective of 0-10V as 0-1023 Counts.

Do you by any chance have a process meter?  You could then inject know voltages or currents or percentage of each and see the results in RSLogix500.  If you don't and you are convinced that the Analog output is working properly, then wire it back into the analog input and keep playing with your scaling until you get the expected results.

20 minutes ago, pcmccartney1 said:

Mickey is accurate as always.

The manual for the ML1100 Analog Input 0-10V also says that the 10Bit Unsigned integer is reflective of 0-10V as 0-1023 Counts.

That's for the embedded analog inputs.

1 person likes this

Hi Guys you are all absolute stars it was in deed the dip switches it now working a dream you're all a credit to the MrPlc community 

Kind Regards