Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ianbuckley

CJ1M + OD202 - Output Alarm Status

8 posts in this topic

Using CJ1M CPU12, OD202 with load protection. Looking at the Basic I/O Unit Settings, alarm status for Basic I/O Units is mapped in A50.00 - A69.15 from Slot 0 on Rack 0 to Slot 7 on Rack 3. According to the catalog, the CJ1M can have up to 20 cards and up to 640 I/O points (CPU 13 & 23) with 1 expansion rack. Does the CPU allocate A50.00-A50.15 to Rack 0 Slot 0 through A59.00-A59.15 for Rack 0 Slot 9, A60.00-A60.15 for Rack 1 Slot 0 through A69.00-A69.15 for Rack 1 Slot 9 regardless of which cards are in those slots? Or does it start with A50.00 for the first output card no matter where it is located? Is there any way to distinguish between overcurrent and undercurrent errors using these bits? Thanks, Ian Edited by ianbuckley

Ok, you made me drag out the books and research this one. I agree it is confusing. So..... I made you a chart. Yes, it is rack and slot specific. Re: Overcurrent and Undercurrent: Overcurrent only. How would you do undercurrent?

For those who want to print it. Load_Short_circuit_Protection_and_Line_Disconnection_Detection_AR50.00_AR69.11.pdf

This card has overcurrent protection and "disconnect detection". The "disconnect detection" is actually looking at a current draw less than 200mA. Hook an ice cube relay to the output and the error light comes on. It is nice that it detects both errors, but slightly disappointing that there doesn't seem to be a way to tell the difference between the two. It would be nice to tell the operator which error was detected. Along the same lines, the mapping of two points to the same error bit is an unusual choice - if both outputs are energized, the error message could get really vague: "there is either a short or open circuit on point 2 or point 3...". Thanks for your help figuring out the map. Ian

From PM tonight:

I need information about this card and I find the pdf file to be printed on the forum, but no links on it:

Load_Short_circuit_Protection_and_Line_Disconnection_Detection_AR50.00_AR69.11.pdf

can you help me out with this card?

1/ I understand this, could you please correct me if I'm wrong?, thanks.

I have the card mounted on rack 0 Slot 0, so if I have a short circuit on the out 1.00--------->> Bit A500.00 turns ON?

I have the card mounted on rack 0 Slot 0, so if I have a short circuit on the out 1.01--------->> Bit A500.01 turns ON?

And so on up to the OUTPUT Number 1.07 where ------------------------------------------------------------->> Bit A500.07 turns ON?

And what about the Wired disconnected on the OUTPUT 1.00?, what bit will turn ON ?

And what bit will turn ON for unwired OUTPUT 1.01?

and the rest of the outputs unwired?

Im confuse about all of this card, hope you can help me.

Load Short-circuit Protection and Line Disconnection Detection AR50.00-AR69.11.pdf

Thanks for the PDF.

Still is a bit confuse to me, make more sense now but the first bit A50.00 is for short circuit on the first OUTPUT?

What about the disconnected output is the bit A50.00 also or the A50.01 turn ON when there is not load on the OUTPUT?

Or the second bit A50.00 is for not load connected on the OUTPUT?.

Thanks

Jose 

The ERR indicator will light and the corresponding bit in A050 to A069 (Basic I/O Unit Information, two

points per bit) will turn ON if an overcurrent or line disconnection is detected.

Same alarm bit for both short circuit and line disconnection.

Pages from W393-E1-14 CJ-Series Operation Manual-2.pdf

Thanks Jay, now is clear.

On my project I'll use different outputs to use a single bit to detect the state's of the single OUTPUT.

Again, thank you  very much for the information, help a lot.

Jose