Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
I_rock_well

Ultra 3000 Drive Follower not indexing

8 posts in this topic

I have two Ultra 3000 drives with MPL A310F motors. One is setup as "Follower: Auxiliary Encoder". I get the drive enable, follower enable, and both encoder values (motor and auxiliary)  but for some reason it does not follow the master.

I can however index it manually in ultraware.

Any ideas? I am a total loss.

Is the motion instruction for the "follower" a MAG or some other type of instruction?

Just now, pcmccartney1 said:

Is the motion instruction for the "follower" a MAG or some other type of instruction?

It's a PLC5, not sure what is instruction is being used. I am just hitting up and down on an HMI. I can try to hunt it downs but its a huge messy program and I do not have the software to check the connection in the ancient HMI.

Everything was working yesterday though. The only thing that changed are that both drives and the motor of the follower was changed, so I doubt its a PLC problem.

Then you need to parameterize the drives properly.  Copy the settings out of the old and into the new.

I tried that. I can however not guarantee that the old parameters were not changed, or completely overwritten during maintenance bob's troubleshooting attempt.

Any idea what could be wrong? The mode is set to Follower: Auxiliary Encoder. So is the override mode. The motors are set correct as well.

I don't suppose you have a backup parameter file from before Maintenance Bob got to it? Or another identical machine to compare?

My problem earlier was that it was that the drive was in "Index Control Panel" mode. After I reset the drive it started working.

Homing now works fine, at normal speed. However jogging painfully slow and sporadic. I can see on the device net screen that it is communicating, the selected preset changes as expected, but the velocity setting do not seem to matter.

Also when I try to change over, it does not move at all. But for that I do not even know where those are stored.

If other people run into this: the drive was bad. I replaced it and it took off.