Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DWIM

How do I clear error led on FX3GE (FX3-ENET-ADP)

2 posts in this topic

Hi

I would like to know how to turn of COM.ERR LED on FX3GE PLC. If somebody has a tip, would be great.
The FX3GE has, according to the documentation, a FX3-ENET-ADP module built in.

Our setup:

We have a FX3U as master and four slaves FX3GE.
FX3U->FX3-ENET(Ethernet Module)->Ethernet switch -> Four FX3GE PLCs

The code in FX3U reads and sends data with the library from Mitsubishi. Basically, it works, but out of nowhere there is an error 2558, Command block x00BF. And the LED is on.
We have no malfunctioning on the machine. Subsequent commands/data get through. So, how do we clear the error LED? I have now read many documents and could not find a solution. It works in GXWorks2. There is a button on the "network diagnostic" dialog. But I cannot sit all the time at the customers site to manually clear the LED.

It would be of course better, if no error occurs, but I was unable so far to find the correct settings.
For example there are many timing settings on the FX3-ENET module to be set with FX Configurator. But I could not find the timing settings for the FX3-ENET-ADP and the help file  of the library says they should match.

Further, what do you think, is it ok to run the library code to communicate with 4 PLC's unsynchronized? The master powers up and starts communication with all four slave PLC's at once. To be correct, I'm new to PLC's and don't know the exact execution time of the code/ladder blocks. But I found no synchronization mechanism only four times the same blocks with different IP's / ports fed in. It seems to me they run at more or less arbitrary time and with delays on the network...well....there may be interactions.

Any tips or ideas are welcome!