DERO

Beckhoff TC3

3 posts in this topic

Hi, ALL;

i'm new to Beckhoff and TC3. My question is, how can one read one byte or word of data from I/O card? For example; i have one 16bit digital input card, and want to address card as one WORD - read data as WORD.

I know how to define variables and link them.

Best Regards

Hi,

First , right click of the PLC variable in Solution Explorer window under your PLC project instance. Then choose  Change Link. in the Attach Variable window , on the right side uncheck the Matching Type,Matching Size and  check All Types (under Show Variable Types). After that, on the left side you can see your Digital Input module. Now select the first channel of your DI module then hold the Shift key and select the last channel of the DI module. With this method you select all of the 16 DI channels of the DI. Next on the right side check the Continuous (under Offsets section) and finally click on OK.  Yo can see the result on the attached picture

With this procedure you link a Word (16 bit) to 16 bit variable of your module

Capture.PNG

On 6/2/2019 at 11:47 PM, imankarimi said:

Hi,

First , right click of the PLC variable in Solution Explorer window under your PLC project instance. Then choose  Change Link. in the Attach Variable window , on the right side uncheck the Matching Type,Matching Size and  check All Types (under Show Variable Types). After that, on the left side you can see your Digital Input module. Now select the first channel of your DI module then hold the Shift key and select the last channel of the DI module. With this method you select all of the 16 DI channels of the DI. Next on the right side check the Continuous (under Offsets section) and finally click on OK.  Yo can see the result on the attached picture

With this procedure you link a Word (16 bit) to 16 bit variable of your module

Capture.PNG

Very cool!