derrickjp7

Connecting Cognex Camera to Controllogix

5 posts in this topic

Hey all,

I'm trying to connect a Cognex camera to my V16 Controllogix. Problem is, I keep getting I/O Not Responding issues. The module fault on my 1756-ENBT is "(Code 16#0116) Electronic Keying Mismatch: Major and/or Minor revision invalid or incorrect," and both the Ethernet and Camera in the device tree have the yellow exclamation point. From there I disabled keying, just to see what would happen. That particular fault went away from the Ethernet but now my Insight-7000 camera is faulting out with "(Code 16#0204) Connection Request Error: Connection request timed out." 

I've tried rolling back my Insight Explorer to 4.9 and that didn't help, I also checked all my IPs and subnets, everything looks in order. Do you know if I need to update my Ethernet card as well? Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help!

We've had weird communications glitches in the past that we cleared up by flashing the firmware of the 1756-ENBT to the latest version. I'd say that's worth a try first.

I was able to update my ENBT. But it only fixed part of the problem. I'm no longer getting the mismatch error but I am still getting the time out error from the cognex module. 

I'm afraid that's all I can suggest. I haven't used the Cognex cameras this way before. I've set up comms with other devices, though, and it was sometimes a pain getting all of the parameters just right so they would talk.

Have you contacted Cognex tech support?

What RPI setting do you have set up?  If you try to communicate faster than the camera can respond, you will drop connections.  The info may be dated, but I found a reference that the RPI should be no less than 10mS with a Cognex camera.  Please post the solution when you find it.