6 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I'm currently working on a project to analyze available SCADA systems and make a systematic comparison of some of these selected options. In today's markets, there's a constant rise in demand for Industry 4.0 applications in the production process, connectivity, and data acquisition. What are some other important technical factors that need to be considered in order to compare these systems?

@Doeyjohnny Maybe you should check price, protocol support (especially in IoT such as MQTT, OPC UA), features (Trend, Alarm, Report), web client, dashboards etc.

1 person likes this

Use-a-bility,     If we look at something like ifix  from years ago.   Lot of people liked it and some hated it  but that was because of the Use-ability rather that the functionality.   I system need to be able to be usable by engineers and sometimes the simplest of tasks can be  really complex making engineers  become haters. 

Yeah, I hear that. iFix and Wonderware are two of the hardest to work on. Especially adding new panels to them.

Hi,

recently I have done quite extensive research of available SCADA systems. If you are looking for I4.0 I think you need to consider a system which is good at gathering data from multiple sources easily, can combine data and has good options for data visualisation. From my experience Wonderware is too complicated and complex work with ease and you can feel it has its age. We finally end up with mySCADA and are really happy with it. It has native drivers to multiple PLC vendors, can be easily extended using scripts, has modern feature set such as SVG graphics, browser based, uses javascript, etc. Runtime is really fast and reliable.

Does anyone of you have experience with mySCADA? If so, how do you like it?

I used mySCADA mobile on a project where I installed 68 identical pump control panels.
The sites were not identical so I'd configure the PLC to fit the site with my tablet. It worked well.