diraemon

convert program PLC Yaskawa to PLC mitsubishi

3 posts in this topic

hello,,,,

i want to ask, is there a way to convert the yaskawa PLC ladder program to a Mitsubishi PLC? and what software is used to program PLC brand of YASKAWA?

Is this the newer Yaskawa motion controller which I don't believe is a true PLC or the really old legacy PLCs? Also on the Mitsubishi side there are different PLCs that use different software.

MotionWorks is the software for the newer Yaskawa controllers: https://www.yaskawa.com/products/motion/machine-controllers/software-tools/motionworks-iec

I do not know if there is a way to convert the code, I doubt it. You will likely have to convert it by hand. But you can use Excel to generate code for Mitsubishi and import it. So if you can export code from Yaskawa it would be possible to create something. But that may be more work depending on the volume of code you have to convert.

Good luck.

On 4/30/2019 at 6:16 PM, Wulfgar said:

Is this the newer Yaskawa motion controller which I don't believe is a true PLC or the really old legacy PLCs? Also on the Mitsubishi side there are different PLCs that use different software.

MotionWorks is the software for the newer Yaskawa controllers: https://www.yaskawa.com/products/motion/machine-controllers/software-tools/motionworks-iec

I do not know if there is a way to convert the code, I doubt it. You will likely have to convert it by hand. But you can use Excel to generate code for Mitsubishi and import it. So if you can export code from Yaskawa it would be possible to create something. But that may be more work depending on the volume of code you have to convert.

Good luck.

thank you mr. @Wulfgar