mikax

Problem to create backup of Mitsubishi A2AS-CPU-S30 with MAC-90

13 posts in this topic

Hello community,

I'm trying to create a backup of a PLC where unfortunately there is no backup anymore, before the two still working PLCs suffer a defect I would like to backup the program.

Devices to read out:
Notebook with Windows NT
SC-09 Cable

Software on the device:
- Melsec Medoc
- GX IEC Developer
- GX Developer

Problem:
Each of the software downloads the program.
The GX software shows a complete transfer, so far as good. Only if you want to write this program on a new A2AS-CPU-S30 is it not possible to compile it and after a "Program Check" you have to execute incomplete program lines are displayed (GX yellow lines which are not connected to the end and IEC red lines).

Medoc says "Illegal instruction" after the transfer, but is the only software that can write the program back if you skip the verification, but unfortunately the program does not work properly.

I've been stuck here for quite some time now.
Do any of you have any idea why?

It was always read directly at the CPU, what else is noticeable is that the MAC-90 displays "A3A" as PLC.

Examples for the missing areas:

2019-04-15 (1).jpg

2019-04-15.jpg

Edited by mikax

Hello @mikax,

Probably the project was created on the Instruction List (IL). That's why Ladder Diagram can not properly intercept it. You can try the following - download the project with GX Developer and try to convert it to IL.

IL to LD.jpg

Hello @kraykov,

thank you for your answer.

1.I have changed the view on the instruction list 
(under the menu "convert" all is grey)

1.thumb.png.e6f112d93a97c7e0688ea3a0cd08

2. all yellow lines are now at the end of the program

2.thumb.png.20c513c9c00165d364320c3139e1

3.thumb.png.8743b7cb8c5ed4e73c21ffde7693

The program check finds the following if I leave all checkboxes selected:

5cb74936de0b9_2019-04-17(3).png.54c18e8e

5cb749382fd77_2019-04-17(4).png.cd16c81d

5cb7493906fb6_2019-04-17(5).png.cb49c3c8

I have two questions:

Is the machine from which controller you are uploading the program working correctly?

What version of Medoc do you use to upload the program?

Edited by kraykov

Yes the machines are working correctly. we have read the program on both machines the result is identically!

The medoc version is 2.40

--------------------------------

i have imported the program from medoc into gx the yellow lines at the end are not available here.

It is possible that the program was created and loaded into a PLC with the Medoc DOS version. I could look for her. However, you will need a computer with Win98 or WinXP OS.

With GX Developer, the compiler is newer and this is the cause of the problem areas.

I've had the same problem before and the only way round it was to put 'dummy' coils at the end of the broken ladder.

At least then it would download to the PLC.

The one I did it to was a dying plc. It kept powering itself down, then half an hour later power itself up again.

When I swapped out the 'A' plc for a working one I put the altered code in it and it worked fine.

I was expecting something to not work and was ready to work on the program - but all was well.

13 hours ago, kraykov said:

It is possible that the program was created and loaded into a PLC with the Medoc DOS version. I could look for her. However, you will need a computer with Win98 or WinXP OS.

With GX Developer, the compiler is newer and this is the cause of the problem areas.

Computer with XP is available.

40 minutes ago, Ron_S said:

I've had the same problem before and the only way round it was to put 'dummy' coils at the end of the broken ladder.

At least then it would download to the PLC.

The one I did it to was a dying plc. It kept powering itself down, then half an hour later power itself up again.

When I swapped out the 'A' plc for a working one I put the altered code in it and it worked fine.

I was expecting something to not work and was ready to work on the program - but all was well.

Can you show me what a "dummy" coil looks like?
To test this.

Thank you for helping me guys.

Hello Mikax,

I checked the available versions of Medoc and it turned out that I also have only 2.40. There may be missing parts of the program because the ranges for M, L, T, D are not correctly defined. For example, the range of M e 0-999 and in the program we have M1201.

There are cases where the PLC is A2S and the software recognizes it as another. Do you have an extra memory extension?

Edited by kraykov

Hi mikax,

I can not help you! I'm sorry.

The best regards,

kraykov

Edited by kraykov

By dummy coil I meant any M coil that isn't used anywhere in the program to complete the line and nothing will happen if it goes true.