Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jsvendor

omron to AB 1738-AENT e/ip communication

2 posts in this topic

I am trying to communicate to a AB 1738-AENTR on a OMRON ethernet/ip network. I have configured the AENTR module through the web browser and have been using Omron's Network Configuration tool to set up the network. I 
can see the AENTR but cant seem to communicate to it. I think this has something to do with the input and output byte size? Does anyone out there have any experience in setting up a 1738-AENTR in a OMRON system? If so, how do I determine what the proper byte size is? Also, is there something else I should be doing to get the module working?

i used 1734-AENT with robot controller. your product may be similar to setup. unlike many bus couplers that automatically determine number of connected modules, compile image etc., this process was quite ...manual.

for example first one need to connect to AENT, assign not just network settings but also set chassis size (number of connected IO modules + 1, to account for AENT), reboot and verify settings.

next one need to get EDS for AENT (must have correct chassis size, or get them all), as well as all modules and import them. create configuration with matching chassis size, module order etc.

EIP supports multiple connections to each and every module (not just AENT) but in my case, i changed connection type to "exclusive owner" so the IOs are only controlled from one scanner (robot controller in my case).

good luck