ksinghysingh

Nj & CJ1M communication

5 posts in this topic

I had a problem I was hoping there is a solution too,

I have a NJ301-1100 PLCand a CJ1M-CPU13-ETN PLC. They are connected on the same network, and I was wondering if its possible to establish communication between these 2 controllers, and if so, how would go about doing so?

Can you replace or add an EIP21 module?

My preference would be to use EtherNet/IP. There are some really smart people here that may be able to point you in the direction of a FINS network. I've never done that with an NJ.

On 4/11/2019 at 0:40 PM, ksinghysingh said:

I had a problem I was hoping there is a solution too,

I have a NJ301-1100 PLCand a CJ1M-CPU13-ETN PLC. They are connected on the same network, and I was wondering if its possible to establish communication between these 2 controllers, and if so, how would go about doing so?

Yes, it is possible and it is not that difficult to do the ladder programming.  The key is the initial setup of the routing tables in both PLCs.  

It is very easy to do, probably simpler from the NJ->CJ, even though it should work just as well the other way (CJ->NJ, although I can’t recall doing that 😳)

the only difficult part is the instructions are  un-documented in sysmac (at least they were..)

I can post an example of need be