juniorpeterle

How can I monitoring connection between CJ2M and PC

9 posts in this topic

Hello friends,

This is my first post here. I would like to know how can I monitoring the connection between a CPU CJ2M and a PC?

This PC is working with the kepserverEX. Connected with the PLC for internal network. I need to know when this PLC are not connected.

Thanks.

Best regards.

You did not specify, but I assume that you want the PLC know when disconnected from Kepware and not the opposite.

You could, at regular interval (10 seconds, 30 seconds, whatever you want) set a bit in the PLC.

Then in Kepware, you create an echo: Advanced Tags --> Link Tag, you link that tag to another that you can use in the PLC to reset the bit.

Then if that bit is not resetted the PLC know that something is wrong with Kepware.

1 person likes this

I have used a similar setup to monitor communications to two remote sites using an encrypted ethernet tunnel. The main PLC periodically sets a bit in the two remote PLC's. The remote PLC's turn their bit off after 5 seconds. If the bits do not toggle a communication error is logged.

18 hours ago, pfort said:

You did not specify, but I assume that you want the PLC know when disconnected from Kepware and not the opposite.

You could, at regular interval (10 seconds, 30 seconds, whatever you want) set a bit in the PLC.

Then in Kepware, you create an echo: Advanced Tags --> Link Tag, you link that tag to another that you can use in the PLC to reset the bit.

Then if that bit is not resetted the PLC know that something is wrong with Kepware.

Good Afternoon friend.

I would like to say for you that your answer really help me in my duvide.

I have only difficult now, that We don't have the license for advanced tags. 

I did like you shown and got it. I will buy the license with kepware.

Best regards

21 hours ago, pfort said:

Hooo my friend,

The license is very very expensive. I am thinking if there are'nt a function block like ping inside the cx-programmer. For me monitore the connection without waste money.

2 hours ago, juniorpeterle said:

Hooo my friend,

The license is very very expensive. I am thinking if there are'nt a function block like ping inside the cx-programmer. For me monitore the connection without waste money.

I think that the solution has to come from Kepware, but I don't know if there is a way, without a Link Tag. I'm at home now, I will look at that tomorrow and let you know if I find something.

Perfect. I will wait, and together with  you, I am trying do for other way.

3 hours ago, juniorpeterle said:

Perfect. I will wait, and together with  you, I am trying do for other way.

I am not saying that it's not possible, but I did not find how you could do it without a Link Tag. Did you ask to Kepware technical support?

1 hour ago, pfort said:

I am not saying that it's not possible, but I did not find how you could do it without a Link Tag. Did you ask to Kepware technical support?

Yes, I already talked to them, but they do not know about the PLC, the way they spoke was like you said. And I also talked to omron, and they do not know an immediate solution to it.

Anyway, I am thank by all the ideas I shared with you.