Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rompot

Old panelview 1000 needs to be replaced

3 posts in this topic

I have an old PanelView 1000 catalog number 2711-K10G1 that needs to be replaced, I don't want to replace it with another panel view 1000, I want to get a panelview plus, the problem is that the Panelview is connected to a PLC-5 and it's connected by DH+. The only thing I can think of is to use an 1761-NET-ENI to connect the PLC-5 to ethernet/IP...but even the ENIs are discontinued by Allen Bradley. Are there any panel views that have data highway? 

A quick check says that PV+6 has DH+.  Don't find anything for PV+7.

Beware, PV+6 is going into Silver status and closed out in the next two years.

If you want to goto PV+7, there are plenty of protocol converters on the market to go from DH+ to E/IP.

Edited by pcmccartney1

We have had good success using a ProSoft AN-X2-AB-DHRIO to connect a PV+7 to a PLC-5 via DH+. The PV+6 are going towards end-of-life and are priced accordingly, so compare the price of a PV+6 with a DH+ module to the PV+7 with the ProSoft gateway. Remember that you won't be able to use the cheaper PV+6 Compact since it doesn't support option boards.

For the fun of it, I just configured one of each, a PV+6 standard and a PV+7, both 10" to get list prices.

PV+6: 2711P-T10C4D8 (end of life and to be discontinued 9/30/2020), $6,042.74 with 2711P-RN6 DH+/DH-485/RIO comm module (active product), $549.15, total of about $6600 list price.

PV+7: 2711P-T10C21D8S (active product), $2678.00, with ProSoft gateway module, about $2,200, total of about $4900 list price.