Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jhonny

Auto Test Fanuc Series 90/73

6 posts in this topic

We have a plc that runs the auto test every 72 hours ( 3 days) and it is sending a message Application msg (10304) I/P A/T res timeout we went to the manual and all it says is to contact the vendor so no much help at all.

Question: If we disable the auto test what is the risk ? all of the outputs are fail safe !

Any experience with this topic, thanks

1 person likes this

I'm familiar with the product line that was labeled GE Fanuc, which carried the model number 90/70. Is the 90/73 a Fanuc variant of that? I'm also not familiar with an "auto test" feature on the GE Fanuc product. Could the auto test be a feature provided by the  machine builder? Where do you see the message you cited? On an HMI screen? In the PLC's fault tables? The GE Fanuc 90/70 allowed the programmer to create custom fault messages which would appear in the PLC's fault tables, so perhaps the message you're seeing is directing you to contact the machine builder.

Sorry to offer more questions than answers.

Oh, my mistake 90/70. The auto test is a rutine on the GMR that perform a loop test for all the outputs on a predefine schedule. The message is on the HMI (DCS) as commun fault and when we connect to the PLC and we see the details on the fault table.

Does somebody disable the auto test ?

Have you replaced any of the Genius blocks recently? A loop test on the Genius outputs is enabled/disabled in the Genius block configuration. The test turns on the output for a few milliseconds and checks for current flow to verify the integrity of the circuit. If you installed a complete block assembly (electronic module plus the wiring base), you might have missed enabling the pulse test. A timeout message might indicate that a loop test was commanded but the block failed to acknowledge it.

It sounds to me like it is a feature programmed by the supplier of the equipment. A pulse test can be commanded by a datagram directed to the block. The function code for a pulse test command is &H10. Look in the ladder logic for COMREQ instructions. Information on datagrams can be found in the Genius System and Communications manual GEK90486F-1. You can find manuals at GE's support site

https://ge-ip.force.com/communities/CC_Community

What is the implication of the performance of the PLC if we disable the auto test ? all my outputs fail safe 

There will be negligible impact on the PLC scan time. Genius bus scan time is generally comparable to PLC scan time and only one datagram can be processed per bus scan.