Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Areeb

Speed Dec Issue & Siemens PLC info

2 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone, I want to know some information regarding PLC which is installed in my machine. 

SImens PLC: ET200S,       CPU: IM151-7  

Please guide me which software with exact version is used for uploading and downloading the program from this PLC and I am facing some issue as the operator said that when he press the speed Decrement button it decreases the speed by one point (for example from 100 to 99,98,97...) and he need to press the button many times in order to stop the machine. As he said that previously  when he  press the button the speed decreased by 10 points (say from 100 to 90,80,70....). So my question is is it possible that this could happen itself or what might me the issue ??

Thanks

Unfortunately, that's not an easy question to answer. How long has the PLC been in service? That will help narrow it down but won't be foolproof. I'm not that familiar with the ET200S processors, but to program an S7 processor, you will need Step 7 for either Simatic Manager or Step 7 for TIA Portal. Do you have a source code file for the press? That would tell you which software package you need but not necessarily the version.

Uploading from the PLC to your PC will give you the code itself but no symbols or comments. Diagnosing issues may not be easy at that point.

As for your problem, it sounds like a setting changed somewhere. Is there an HMI on the machine? If so, I would go through all of the screens looking for a setting that could change the step per button push. If you don't have an HMI or if you can't find a setting, then you may need the software. Is the company that built the machine still around? If so, I would contact them for help.