SolidRio

IEC 60870-5-103 protocol

11 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. 

I have 11 Siemens Overcurrent Relay Modules that only can be communicated via IEC 60870-5-103 protocol. I need to make a system that will be gathering information from them (Currents, Voltages, Some discrete signals, etc.). On mitsubishi site i've only found information about 101/104 protocols.

Does Mitsubishi have a plc that can be connected via IEC 60870-5-103 protocol? If not, maybe someone knows another plcs that can be connected to those modules (I am already looking on siemens site, but its seems not quite cheap).

Mitsu does not have, but the appropriate communication driver can be written.

1 person likes this

I stand corrected.  @Inntele is correct !!!

1 hour ago, Inntele said:

Mitsu does not have, but the appropriate communication driver can be written.

Its seems not quite easy...

Meanwhile i found cheap plc from russian company "OWEN" (i think you know them) with support of 103 protocol, but i've never worked with them before. i should check compatibility with GOT (which we already have) and their software. 

53 minutes ago, SolidRio said:

Its seems not quite easy...

Meanwhile i found cheap plc from russian company "OWEN" (i think you know them) with support of 103 protocol, but i've never worked with them before. i should check compatibility with GOT (which we already have) and their software. 

Keep in mind, the reliability of OWEN PLCs is in times lower than Mitsu provide, while I suppose the application requires the use of reliable equipment. If you're looking to the side "ПЛК100-ТЛ", rather it belongs to the class of intelligent relays than to a PLC. 

1 person likes this

16 hours ago, Inntele said:

Keep in mind, the reliability of OWEN PLCs is in times lower than Mitsu provide, while I suppose the application requires the use of reliable equipment. If you're looking to the side "ПЛК100-ТЛ", rather it belongs to the class of intelligent relays than to a PLC. 

I understand that. This system only provide parameters indication and failure of equipment will not hurt anything, but its undesirable of course. I would be happy if mitsu have something with 103 protocol, but they dont. Maybe you can advice something? We cant afford Siemens (quite high price for such small system). And i dont know anything about writing of communication drivers. 

5 minutes ago, SolidRio said:

I understand that. This system only provide parameters indication and failure of equipment will not hurt anything, but its undesirable of course. I would be happy if mitsu have something with 103 protocol, but they dont. Maybe you can advice something? We cant afford Siemens (quite high price for such small system). And i dont know anything about writing of communication drivers. 

Lets talk via PM. It would be easier to discuss in Russian. 

1 person likes this

I'm having a similar problem does somebody know if a have to enable something on DIGSI to get the communication with a external controller with Siemens Relays? (IEC 103 Protocol)

On 19/3/2019 at 10:15 PM, SolidRio said:

Hello everyone. 

I have 11 Siemens Overcurrent Relay Modules that only can be communicated via IEC 60870-5-103 protocol. I need to make a system that will be gathering information from them (Currents, Voltages, Some discrete signals, etc.). On mitsubishi site i've only found information about 101/104 protocols.

Does Mitsubishi have a plc that can be connected via IEC 60870-5-103 protocol? If not, maybe someone knows another plcs that can be connected to those modules (I am already looking on siemens site, but its seems not quite cheap).