Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sst

SoMachine, Web Visu download csv file

7 posts in this topic

Hello

I have a M251, running a webvisu. I have created a program to create a test report to a *csv file and store it on sd card.

What I want to do next is to allow the user to download the * csv from the webvisu and not via ftp client like Filezilla.

On codesys forums I see there are file up and download options for buttons (click behaviour) but they are not available in Somachine 4.3.

One option I am considering is using the TCP server and steam the file manually from a button click.

I dont want a ftp client as now the customer will then needsoftware on his pc, this plc is a portable test system and will be controlled by many different pc's.

Is anyone aware of a simpler way to do this?

Hi

To download the file from the ftp server you do not need ftp software like filezilla

You can go directly via web browser into the ftp site and just download the file.

There are some features on codesys that somachine doesnt have like alarming and some others

Sorry for the delay, got side tracked.

Thanks for the responce, I tried that but it will allow me to log in but does not display the folder tree (denied, even though I use the correct password). If I login via filezilla, it works fine.

Must be a browser issue, will play a bit.

Would be nice if they implemented a file download as I am using the webpage as the customers interface so dont really want them having to fiddle around when downloading files.

Thanks for the reply, I saw that. The ftp client fb's are nice but it would require the connecting pc to have a ftp server running.

Not a big issue but the customer would be using different pc's to connect (dont really want to config them if i can avoid it).

I will use this as plan B.

I am going to experiment with the tcp server fb's, I should be able to stream a test file via a socket connection (activated by button).

This should then directly download in the browser.

I have done this is C# before so should work on the plc.

Hello,

What about if you the send the file in a e-mail , the M241/M251 has smtp so can attach and file to a document...

Good luck!

On 26/3/2019 at 11:29 AM, sst said:

Thanks for the reply, I saw that. The ftp client fb's are nice but it would require the connecting pc to have a ftp server running.

Not a big issue but the customer would be using different pc's to connect (dont really want to config them if i can avoid it).

I will use this as plan B.

I am going to experiment with the tcp server fb's, I should be able to stream a test file via a socket connection (activated by button).

This should then directly download in the browser.

I have done this is C# before so should work on the plc.

Hi, I am facing the same problem, how did you solve it finally? Thanks!