Paolo_911

GOT 800 Upload Connection Failure

9 posts in this topic

GOT: A8GT-70GOT-EW

Software: SW3NIW-A8GOTP Version 20N (downloaded free off Mitsubishi website)

Communication cable: AC30R2-9P (rung out pins to test and was recommended in GOT manual) 

I am trying to upload the GOT program using an old laptop with RS-232 port and have tried all baud rates on COM1 in the software. No other COM ports show any connection on the laptop, which is expected. I have even tried changing the GOT-type (although I figured it would be A870GOT-EL). The other options for GOT are A870GOT-TFT, STN/A810GOT or A85*GOT-STN,L. I have also tried to upload from memory and memory card, which are options, with no luck.

I keep getting a connection failed message every time I try to upload. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks guys! 

Are you sure the cable is OK? The software should be correct according to google... Further, it doesn't seem like the 800 series has a RS232 port, only RS422... Where did you find that it has a RS232 port?

I'll check the cable again or see if we have another one kicking around. I only mentioned that I was using the RS232 port off the laptop. I am plugged into the RS-422 port (I'm guessing) on the GOT. See the attached picture for where I am connecting to the GOT to ensure I am attempting to connect in the right spot. 

IMG_4745.jpg

I understand. Can you share the cable pinout? RS232 and RS422 aren't directly connectable without a converter, that's why I'm asking about the cable. You have RS232 on the computer and need a cable, converter and plug to be able to connect to any RS422 equipment...

This previous post suggests you need Win 95.

Sorry for the delayed reply. I finally came around back to this issue. Below you will see the recommended cable AC30R2-9P found inside the SW3NIW-A8GOTP Operating Manual in the section describing how to connect to the GOT. I noticed that this is to send data to the GOT, but would it be the same to upload data from the GOT? I haven't done anything yet to figure out how to convert to RS422 though to see if that is my issue. 

A870GOT.thumb.jpg.b297305b883296e445b0a8

SW3NIW-A8GOTP Operating Manual (Software).pdf

Edited by Paolo_911

@kaare_tI tried a RS-422 converter cable and still had no luck. I even tried all the different communication settings, but couldn't communicate. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

The port I'm connecting to says RS-232C beneath it, if that helps any. @Veganic Maybe it is just the fact that I'm not using Windows 95? I'm not sure how we are going to install Windows 95 to try that though haha! I may just be starting from scratch for an upgrade (YAY!)   

The electrical department miraculously found a laptop still running Windows 95, I know right?! It is my lucky day. I also found a copy of the GOT program on a CD drive after digging around. I don't know how I'm getting so lucky! So I haven't tested the communication yet, nor do I really want to mess with it anymore, but I might if I'm bored. I will start on the upgrade process though now that I have the screens.