HYW6688

Problems backing up Mitsubishi FX1N-24MR-ES/UL

7 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I've encountered a weird problem backing up my old FX1N-24MR-ES/UL PLCs. Hope I can get some helps here. I'm grateful for all the help.

I got some old FX1N-24MR-ES/UL PLCs working on machines, and most of them are working 24/7 for more than 8 years now.

There's a computer in machines communicating with PLC via SC-09 harness( RS232 - RS422 ).

Since Mitsubishi isn't selling and manufacturing FX1N-24MR-ES/UL anymore, I tried to find some compatible alternatives.

I bought a Shihlin Electric AX1N-24MR-ES(It got licensed from Mitsubishi to approve it's 100% compatible with FX1N-24MR-ES/UL) and a copied FX1N-24MR-ES/UL from China.

I downloaded and verified programs/parameters into both PLCs via GX Works2(both PLCs shown as Mitsubishi FX1N-24MR in GX Works2), but they both work about 5~10% differently from the original ones on the machines. But it seems the both new PLCs are working identically.

I've tried download the original program/parameters to a old original FX1N-24MR-ES/UL and it works well, so it seems the program/parameters I read out is correct.

I've also checked the both VRs(D8030, D8031) aren't used in the program.

May you please let me know what else I can do or test to make the new PLCs I working 100% identically as the old ones?

I'm grateful for all your kindly help guys.

Thank you and have a nice day:-)

17 minutes ago, Ron_S said:

What is different?

Hi Ron_S, thank you for the quick reply : )

Our machine has a motor that lift up a metal cover and another motor controls a spinning wheel.

The normal operation is to stop the spinning wheel first and then lift up the metal cover for about 3 seconds.

But with those two new PLCs, the spinning wheel stopped earlier and the metal cover is barely lifted up for less than a second.

Hi HYW6688,

It seems that the timebase of your used timers is different. 10ms timer is 100ms timer or something. You should check if there is a difference in the range of the timers in the new PLC compared to the old FX1 model in the manual. I've attached a list of the timebase inside the FX1 type. I hope you have a manual of the new model to compare.

Best regards,

Theo V.

Timer overview FX PLC.pdf

17 hours ago, Theo V said:

Hi HYW6688,

It seems that the timebase of your used timers is different. 10ms timer is 100ms timer or something. You should check if there is a difference in the range of the timers in the new PLC compared to the old FX1 model in the manual. I've attached a list of the timebase inside the FX1 type. I hope you have a manual of the new model to compare.

Best regards,

Theo V.

Timer overview FX PLC.pdf

Thank you for the kindly help Theo V : )

I'll looking into the timer parts of the new PLCs we bought.

By the way, we're also considering upgrading to a Mitsubishi FX3G-24MR

Can the program of FX1N just download to a FX3G directly?

I'm grateful for your experience sharing mate : )

Edited by HYW6688

I'm not at my plc computer at the moment but select change plc type.

Chose the new plc type and it will warn you if there are any differences

Hi HYW6688,

It should be upwards compatible to run the FX1N in a FX3G model bij changing the PLC type in the GX-developer software.

Just try it and see whats happening. 

Best regards,

Theo V.

(by the way, did you by chance allready checked the timers? and was it the problem as I mentioned?)