Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Madhura Magesh

State Machine Based PLC Logic Design

3 posts in this topic

Dear, Folks Greetings of the day

I am got very confused in "State Machine" Based Logic design, now am doing Index table based vision inspection system it having 6axis servo, now the major issue is I need to do the better logic with easy error traceability technique. So am chose state machine based system design but the error handling of system is very difficult for me. Any Process automation experts give me the proper solution for this issue or suggest any good book for this state machine error handling concept. Am tried it in web search but I can't get suitable answer

< Thanks in advance > 

Hi Madhura,

There are a ton of different ways to implement state machines, and alot of compagnies use their own version.

If you want to look at some lirerature, you could look at PackML. There is a lot of implementation guides and descriptions on the internet.

BUT just be warned.... implementing PackML can be a huge task, and if you only need it for this one project i would suggest that you take look at the standard and take what you find usefull from it.

PackML is maintained by OMAC, and the site AutomationML has made a pretty good implementation guide.