ruddyu78

Newbie Question: We have an old diecutter with an Omron Sysmac C60P controller.

18 posts in this topic

Good Day to all,

One morning we turned on our die cutter (Model ADC 690) and encountered a solid red light (error) on the controller. We ran thru a similar issue on another machine with a different PLC that its programming code got erased due to a dead battery. We seem to have another similar problem with our die cutter we tested the onboard batter turned out dead. So my question is could this be the same issue where programming got lost due to a bad battery?

I will attach picture of the controller. We browsed thru the manual and so far it doesnt state any program deletion due to a dead battery. We are hoping this is not the case as the manufacturer of the diecutter no longer exists. Any help from the gurus will be appreciated.

Thank you!

Rudy

20190228_102352.jpg

20190228_101003.jpg

ruddyu78,

Did you connect to the unit to see if the program was in the plc?  Handheld would be 3G2A6-PRO15.  Software would be SYSWIN with a 3G2C7-LK201 Host Link.

C60P would have come from Europe.  US version would have been C60K.  These were discontinued in 2002.

I would suggest you replace with a CP1L-M60DR-A.  It does look like you have at least one expansion unit.  CP1L-M supports 3 expansions.

Thanks,

gtsuport

@gtsuport

Thanks for your reply! We're basically fish out of water when it comes to PLC we do have tech background so first thing is getting that handheld however Im having a hard time finding Host Link here in the states thru ebay can I just use the handheld instead?

If we were have lost the programming due to a dead battery what would be our solution to this? We have an expensive paper weight at this point.

ruddyu78,

You just need either the handheld or host link.

Here is the manual for the PRO15.

Hope this will help.

gtsuport

Thanks Jay !!

ruddyu78

Your best bet for programming would be the W184 manual linked above.

It appears this unit is too old for youtube videos.

gtsuport

ruddyu78,

You can check out this youtube video

gtsuport

IMO the dead battery shouldn't delete your program (i.e. the ladder diagram)

However, battery does make sure memory values are kept as how it was set when programming the PLC.
In much cases these memories related to the PLC operation settings, so having a bad battery may reset those settings on power cycle, thus causing a faulty operation.

Edited by innoaloe

innoaloe,

The C**K and C**P series did not have a flash memory like the newer processors.

If you lost the battery, and the main power the program was gone.

gtsuport

@gtsuport noted, thanks

ruddyu78,

Omron is unable to furnish a Spanish version of the PRO15 manual.

They do have Spanish tech support if needed.  The number is 800-556-6766.

gtsuport

Did a search on old files on my server and found this section on using PRO27.  Should work for PRO15.

sec3.pdf

Thanks Jay!!

Good evening, everyone!

I didn't want to open a new topic for this issue, since this one is similar to mine. We have an old die cutter (DC 690) and we tried turning it on, but the battery was dead. Replacing will not be a problem, but the engineer who inspected it said we will need the program. Is there any chance I might find it somewhere ?

Any kind of help is appreciated .   

Generally, the programs in PLCs are tailored to the specific application.  You will need to get the program from whomever sold you the Die Cutter originally.  Unless you can find a backup.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, serj00 said:

Good evening, everyone!

I didn't want to open a new topic for this issue, since this one is similar to mine. We have an old die cutter (DC 690) and we tried turning it on, but the battery was dead. Replacing will not be a problem, but the engineer who inspected it said we will need the program. Is there any chance I might find it somewhere ?

Any kind of help is appreciated .   

If you have a C60 PLC in there with no program you're probably out of luck. Programming them requires either an ancient keypad programmer or an ancient programming interface. Both are hard to find and expensive if you do find one.

You could contact the manufacturer and hopefully they have a printout of the logic. If they have the actual program you could open it on a virtual machine probably and copy it. You would be better off to replace it with a CP1 or CP2 PLC and just rewrite the program. Last I checked the programmers are more expensive than a new PLC and only available on Ebay (if you're lucky).

Edited by photovoltaic
2 people like this