MollPatrol

TSX 17 Failure

6 posts in this topic

Hi there. 

Im after some help with the replacement of a TSX 17 PLC. Unfortunately we do not have a copy of the program but it is a very vital machine. It has been running well for 25+ years.

It seems that the PLC unit is dead. 24v in but no lights or anything on at all. 

We are hoping to source a direct replacement. We are also hoping that the EEPROM holds the program. 

Is  there anything we should be aware of? Or anything we should do to ensure a smooth changeover?

Thanks

Hi,

If you realy have an eeprom cartrdige (located near the language PL7-2 cartridge) you have the program inside, so you just have to swap it into a new plc and that's all. Of course it could be interresting in addition to connect the plc to upload the program to have a backup on pc.

JC

Thanks acpi. 

It definately has the EEPROM.

I would love to get a copy of the program but I have no idea where to start with obtaining the program, setting up DOS in windows, or even the cables required. 

The local guru of all things PLC in town we use has been unsuccessful in the past but I think that came down to it being too difficult. 

if i remember correctly you need an os/2 operating system.........i think you can make a virtual pc and os/2 can be downloaded.....Cable wise i am not to sure but i think it was a standard rs232 cable and you still get the wiring of it on google......The last tsx17 conversion i did was converting from pl7 pro to pl7 program and then converting the pl7 program to unity....all worked.... Only thing that was not iec was the timers

21 hours ago, MollPatrol said:

Thanks acpi. 

It definately has the EEPROM.

I would love to get a copy of the program but I have no idea where to start with obtaining the program, setting up DOS in windows, or even the cables required. 

The local guru of all things PLC in town we use has been unsuccessful in the past but I think that came down to it being too difficult. 

Morning,

The Serie 7 Telemecanique plcs was composed of TSX17, TSX27, 47, 67, 87 an 107.

The connection cable needed for a 17 is a RS232 to RS485 converter. Standard converter may be used.

All the others need a RS232 to current loop converters. In the software there was PL7-2 for TSX 17, 27 and some 47 and PL7-3 for others 47, TSX67, 87 and 107.

PL7-2 and PL7-3 existed in DOS and OS/2 version. Under OS/2 these software were included in a pack called XTEL.

Forget the DOS version it's useless. I can give you a Virtual image including XTEL and PL7-2. I can give you as well the drawing of the cable.

Now if you feel you can manage with it let me know by pm.

JC

Thanks. 

I actually got a new (second hand unit) flown over. Wired it all up and it worked well. 

Amazingly, I did manage to find a printout of the program today too!! 

If we ever have problems again I’ll need to sharpen up my SFC to decipher.

Thanks!