fiko0

How to convert hold-relay to function block diagram?

6 posts in this topic

Hi, 

Im trying things out with Festo Fluidsim but i got stuck on a issue which i cant solve by myself. I created a sequence control based on 4 cylinders: A+B+C+(A-D+)(B-D-)C- 

First a made a relay based circuit and after that i used Logic module. With relay based circuit i can automatically start the cycles over without holding the start button like this: 

1.jpg.8043a4adb52d6795f9266d4308cc90e3.j

But this hold-on relay technique doesnt work with a logic module. I have to program it inside but dont know how. Can somebody explain me how i can create a continue automatic cycles without holding the start button? 

2.jpg.ca41b1db6a6730a0400d5000cce971b5.j

3.jpg.c6b0cd8e97a9a6a7403b51ace4b18d15.j

I dont know if this is the correct forum for subjects like this. Can somebody help me?

I've never used Festo Fluidism but I did a quick search in the user guide. Your first circuit diagram shows a typical 'Latching' function where ST will turn K1 ON and STO will turn it OFF.

Look in the user guide for "Latching Relay". It's designated by RS. When finished the circuit may look different but should function the same.

Edited by IO_Rack
1 person likes this

10 hours ago, IO_Rack said:

I've never used Festo Fluidism but I did a quick search in the user guide. Your first circuit diagram shows a typical 'Latching' function where ST will turn K1 ON and STO will turn it OFF.

Look in the user guide for "Latching Relay". It's designated by RS. When finished the circuit may look different but should function the same.

Oh man thank you so much!!!! It worked!! Indeed the SR function block holds the first signal coming from the start push button (set) and with another stop push button you can simply reset the SR function block (cutting off the set signal) so the automatic cyclus will stop! 

Again thank you! 

set.jpg.64c5475e16808942c144b34b3f1afc5a reset.jpg.b22f85cb3685d3d28db3410e4b5010

Edited by fiko0

You're very welcome. I'm glad I could help.

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 5:12 PM, fiko0 said:

I dont know if this is the correct forum for subjects like this.

This is the correct forum and it's a good question. Good job on finding the solution.

The Function Block Diagram (FBD) is a graphical language for programmable logic controller design, that can describe the function between input variables and output variables. A function is described as a set of elementary blocks. Input and output variables are connected to blocks by connection lines.

1 person likes this