Nickr6

How to move an Array ? (CompactLogix)

8 posts in this topic

hello!

I create many Array (DINT[13])  to memorize the recipe data. 

I need to move the entire content of the Array to another Array of the same type ( both are DINT(13) )

Do I really need to move only one data at the time like : 

mov Rrp1_close_time(0) to in_use_close_time(0)

mov Rcp_close_time(1) to in_use_close_time(1)

Thanks for looking :-)

The CLX Instruction list is pretty handy. I don't have access to it right now but I think the Copy instruction is what you are looking for. CPY if I'm not mistaken

the copy  (COP)  instruction only works if I move  one DINT  :   COP  Rrp1_close_time(0) to in_use_close_time(0)

but if I try : COP  Rrp1_close_time  TO  in_use_close_time     =  I get an error.

Create a UDT of all the items in the recipe. Then create an array of that UDT type. Then the copy can be used to move entire recipes as a unit.

1 person likes this

39 minutes ago, Nickr6 said:

the copy  (COP)  instruction only works if I move  one DINT  :   COP  Rrp1_close_time(0) to in_use_close_time(0)

but if I try : COP  Rrp1_close_time  TO  in_use_close_time     =  I get an error.

I'm not able to test and it's been a while since I used it but Copy has source, destination, and length. Length is the number of destination elements to copy.

1 person likes this

:-2  exactly what I need  b_carlton ,  Thanks!!!!

exactly Michael Lloyd but even if I specify the length the COPY fonction dont works

The COP instruction is the correct instruction for this.  You were on the right track with Array1[0] to Array2[0].  You just need to put in the number of elements to copy as the length.  You cant leave off the [0]  part as the starting location.  Array1 is not a valid location  - Array1[0] is.

2 people like this

29 minutes ago, PLCMentor.com said:

The COP instruction is the correct instruction for this.  You were on the right track with Array1[0] to Array2[0].  You just need to put in the number of elements to copy as the length.  You cant leave off the [0]  part as the starting location.  Array1 is not a valid location  - Array1[0] is.

Ohh! I see my mistake.