jh07052

Labels and Addresses Not Shown / iQ-r R08cpu

11 posts in this topic

We have an iQ-r R08cpu that will not display some labels or addresses.  The PLC and the machine it controls run as expected.  However, when we read from the PLC, some of the labels and addresses are not shown.  Although it runs as expected, we are hesitant to make any changes or write to the PLC.

There is a screenshot attached.  Any advice or solutions for this?

Mits_PLC_No_Labels.jpg

Edited by jh07052
typo

Hi jh07052.

Could it be that these are local variables? (ie in the header). 

If they are local variables....they wont necessarily have Mitsubishi Addresses.

I dont know about GXW3...but in IEC you do not necessarily need to declare Mitsubishi Addresses to variables; any not assigned in global memory are randomly assigned upon compiling.

Regards

Daniel

Edited by collinsd70

Try

"Tool" -> "Options..." -> "Program Editor"

and look at the settings for your editor, might be a setting there.

49 minutes ago, Bryll said:

Try

"Tool" -> "Options..." -> "Program Editor"

and look at the settings for your editor, might be a setting there.

Thanks Bryll

I just now exported the options from an original, working copy of the program.  I then  imported them into the latest program with the missing labels.  Unfortunately, it still does not show the labels.

1 hour ago, collinsd70 said:

Hi jh07052.

Could it be that these are local variables? (ie in the header). 

If they are local variables....they wont necessarily have Mitsubishi Addresses.

I dont know about GXW3...but in IEC you do not necessarily need to declare Mitsubishi Addresses to variables; any not assigned in global memory are randomly assigned upon compiling.

Regards

Daniel

Hello collinsd70

I am new to programming with labels so please excuse me if I misunderstand your suggestion:

I turned on Device Display in the the newest program that is missing labels.  I also turned on Device Display in the working, original program (a screen capture is attached).  The physical addresses of some inputs can be seen in the original program but not in the newest.  If they are physical input addresses, would that mean they are not variables?

Capture4.JPG

Edited by jh07052

Hi jh07052

Im a little confused by your question, you want to know why there are no Mitsubishi Addresses on some of these variables, correct?

As I said before, local variables will not have Mitsubishi Addresses, if you dont have Mitsubishi Devices assigned to Global Variables they will be randomly assigned upon compiling.

Regards

Daniel

Untitled.jpg

19 hours ago, collinsd70 said:

Im a little confused by your question, you want to know why there are no Mitsubishi Addresses on some of these variables, correct?

As I said before, local variables will not have Mitsubishi Addresses, if you dont have Mitsubishi Devices assigned to Global Variables they will be randomly assigned upon compiling.

collinsd70,

Sorry for the confusion.  In my program, there are contacts with no local label, global label, address, or any information identifying what they are.  Even after a clean read from the PLC.  The PLC is processing, but what we see are completely blank contacts among other contacts which we can see the assignment.

In the first picture I posted in this topic, you can see an example of my problem.  You can see there are contacts shown with no labels, addresses, or any other information identifying what they are.

Edited by jh07052
clarity

Have you tried hovering the mouse cursor over them?

Their identity often shows that way

On 2/2/2019 at 2:48 PM, Ron_S said:

Have you tried hovering the mouse cursor over them?

Their identity often shows that way

Ron_S,

Yes, I have tried that.  Hovering over the contacts with labels/addresses gives a their identity.  Hovering over the ambiguous contacts does not show anything- nothing pops up.

I took screenshots to illustrate.  I circled the contacts that I am hovering over in each shot:

hover.jpg

Is it possible to upload the program here on the forum, or "no-go"? It's an odd situation...

On 2/11/2019 at 2:43 PM, kaare_t said:

Is it possible to upload the program here on the forum, or "no-go"? It's an odd situation...

Thanks kaare_t,

You have a private message from me.