Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bijusi2000

Fanuc Ge VersaMax CPU05E connect to Siemens KTP600 DP

12 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I got a problem when I attempt to try connecting a GE VersaMax CPU05E to a Siemens KTP600 DP which support RS422/RS485 connection. For KTP600, it does not support the GE Fanuc SNP protocol and any OPC driver. Please give me some ideas.

Thanks in advanced.

Does the HMI support Modbus? The serial ports on the CPUE05 can be configured for Modbus RTU.

8 minutes ago, Steve Bailey said:

Does the HMI support Modbus? The serial ports on the CPUE05 can be configured for Modbus RTU.

The HMI supports Modicon Modbus RTU. Is it possible to connect with CPU05?

Yes.

You will need the programming software for the PLC. You have to modify the hardware configuration to configure one of the serial ports as a Modbus RTU slave.

7 minutes ago, Steve Bailey said:

Yes.

You will need the programming software for the PLC. You have to modify the hardware configuration to configure one of the serial ports as a Modbus RTU slave.

I will try this method. I would like to set CPUE05 Port 2 (RS-485) as Mobus RTU slave and HMI Siemen KTP600 RS422/RS485 as  Modicon RTU master. Is there any wire connection schematic for this?

Go to the GE support site. The "landing page" for the CPUE05 is located here:

https://ge-ip.force.com/communities/en_US/Article/IC200CPUE05-Landing-Page

Follow the links to the VersaMax user's manual, GFK-1503E which identifies which signals are carried on which pins (Chapter 4).

You may need to set up a free user account to get to the manual. 

5 hours ago, Steve Bailey said:

Go to the GE support site. The "landing page" for the CPUE05 is located here:

https://ge-ip.force.com/communities/en_US/Article/IC200CPUE05-Landing-Page

Follow the links to the VersaMax user's manual, GFK-1503E which identifies which signals are carried on which pins (Chapter 4).

You may need to set up a free user account to get to the manual. 

Many thanks, I will try and give you feedback after testing.

@Steve Bailey

How can I make one which called "PLC_tag" on Proficy Machine Edition for CPUE05 connecting to HMI? Please tell me that. Previous, when I use Proface HMI and Mitsubishi PLC I don't need making any HMI tag and PLC tag.

I'm sorry, but I don't know what you're asking. I have never used the Siemens HMI, so I can't give any guidance on that. Modbus address 400000 should correspond to PLC address %R00001. Modbus address 100000 should correspond to PLC address %I00001. Modbus address 000000 should correspond to PLC address %Q00001. Modbus address 300000 should correspond to PLC address %AI0001.

1 person likes this

14 hours ago, Steve Bailey said:

I'm sorry, but I don't know what you're asking. I have never used the Siemens HMI, so I can't give any guidance on that. Modbus address 400000 should correspond to PLC address %R00001. Modbus address 100000 should correspond to PLC address %I00001. Modbus address 000000 should correspond to PLC address %Q00001. Modbus address 300000 should correspond to PLC address %AI0001.

This what I need to know. Thank you so much.

You will have to add ladder logic to the PLC program. Use a SVC_REQ function to get the CPU's clock and calendar data and store it in %R memory.  Read the Proficy Machine Edition help file for information on how to set up the SVC_REQ function using function code 7 (Set/Read clock/calendar).

1 person likes this