mrtoastie

tsx 702 plc

4 posts in this topic

Hi, we have an old TSX 702 plc, the software is PL7 v3.4 and the comms cable is TSX PCX1031. I am trying to go on line with the plc but I keep getting the message

"Cannot establish the physical link with the plc at address SYS via driver UNTLW01 : the

max. number of addresses available for this terminal has been reached.

Close any other PL7 programs or increase the max. number in the UNITELWAY configuration."

We have other machines with a TSX 702plc so I know its not that. I have no other programs running.

Please advise

I might be missing something......it is Saturday morning........But are you talking about PL7 pro software? According to me you can only program tsx micros and premiums with that software. I also havent heard of a tsx702 plc which means its before my time and would be programmed with proworx or concept or older programs that run on dos or os/2

Hi, further to my previous post the plc is a TSX premium TSX P57102 and the software vis PL7 pro v3.4 running in windows 2000 professional.   The cable is  a TSXPCX1031. But I get the same message. Please advise.

Ok 1st things 1st. Do you have the driver installed. In your device manager in windows does the unitelway driver show under comports when the cable is plugged in?

If yes check the port number. Then go to your modicon drivers manager----------then unitelway----------the setup or config or something--------then a popup will appear showing your different instances of the driver------add one or select an existing one and edit---------make sure the correct com port is selected.

Then hit ok and then apply-----your driver should reset and then show reset was ok.

Now open the software and under plc select address settings. Make sure unitelway is selected and address must have SYS in it.

Hopefulle it works then

Edited by cHud