SolidRio

FX5U - High-speed counter+encoder

7 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. 

I found a cheap encoder S48-8-1000ZT (1000 pulses) and connect him to FX5U's X0 and X1 (2 phase - 1 edge mode, if i can trust manual - it allows me detect all pulses below 200 kHZ frequency). Changed input response time to 10micro-s. I created a program that simply look at this counting and make some math. If i am rotating encoder with fingers slowly - all works great (my mark matches at encoder and 1000 pulses in program), but if i turn it by 1 sharp fast move and then again and again - marks move by half turn at for example at 10000 pulses. 

So i need your experience. Whats going wrong? Is plc dont have enough response speed? Or something wrong with encoder? Or with my configuration?

I need to use FX5U and encoder at 1500 r/min motor (with another encoder), so i need to test it before going on object.

1 hour ago, SolidRio said:

Hello everyone. 

I found a cheap encoder S48-8-1000ZT (1000 pulses) and connect him to FX5U's X0 and X1 (2 phase - 1 edge mode, if i can trust manual - it allows me detect all pulses below 200 kHZ frequency). Changed input response time to 10micro-s. I created a program that simply look at this counting and make some math. If i am rotating encoder with fingers slowly - all works great (my mark matches at encoder and 1000 pulses in program), but if i turn it by 1 sharp fast move and then again and again - marks move by half turn at for example at 10000 pulses. 

So i need your experience. Whats going wrong? Is plc dont have enough response speed? Or something wrong with encoder? Or with my configuration?

I need to use FX5U and encoder at 1500 r/min motor (with another encoder), so i need to test it before going on object.

Post your code? Are you using high-speed processing instructions?

I've found the problem. 

i was using this scheme - https://prnt.sc/m7rckj . So i've removed resistors from circuit and it start to work well even if i turn it by fast moves. 

On 1/16/2019 at 8:40 AM, SolidRio said:

I've found the problem. 

i was using this scheme - https://prnt.sc/m7rckj . So i've removed resistors from circuit and it start to work well even if i turn it by fast moves. 

the link you attached cannot be opened . please tell me your solution , I am having the same issue . I just want to drive a servo motor with encoder pulses .

at slow speed everything works fine but when speed gets higher . it doesn't work as my requirement.

the things I am using are these:

PLC   :MITSUBISHI FX3U 16 MT

SERVO   :MITSUBISHI HC-KFS73B

SERVO AMP   :MITSUBISHI MR-J2S-70A

ENCODER     :OMRON E6B2-CWZ6C (200PPR)

16 hours ago, fizanmughal said:

the link you attached cannot be opened . please tell me your solution , I am having the same issue . I just want to drive a servo motor with encoder pulses .

at slow speed everything works fine but when speed gets higher . it doesn't work as my requirement.

the things I am using are these:

PLC   :MITSUBISHI FX3U 16 MT

SERVO   :MITSUBISHI HC-KFS73B

SERVO AMP   :MITSUBISHI MR-J2S-70A

ENCODER     :OMRON E6B2-CWZ6C (200PPR)

I didnt control a servo with encoder in mentioned post. In my case it was just encoder+plc for measuring. For servo you need positioning module (like FX5-40SSC-S), but you must check compatibility between servo and module.  

I assume, that you want to verify the measured value of the synchronous encoder connected to the 40SSC-S module.

Be wear, that you will always have a mechanical error between 2 encoders.

If the Synchronous Encoder Axis Setting are correct, it work's flawlessly, but the only proper verifying is with physical metrology.

22 hours ago, SolidRio said:

I didnt control a servo with encoder in mentioned post. In my case it was just encoder+plc for measuring. For servo you need positioning module (like FX5-40SSC-S), but you must check compatibility between servo and module.  

thanks for reply I found the solution, 

and yes, we can use a plc as pulse generator for servo too!