Omer_1

I/O's Read/Write from Micro850

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'm using Allen Bradley Micro850 , 2080-LC50-24QWB.

I wrote a program using Connected Component Workbench which reads certain indications and controlling contactors.

My customer would like to connect that PLC to a PC by an Ethernet cable RJ45 and read those input registers and write those output registers into his application that he had built.

He would like to know the commands in order to read or write the data and the TCP/IP data structures and frames.

I would like to have the registers mapping of this PLC as well.

i have been searching this information in the data sheets and have found none.

i hope you could help me or at least instruct me becasue that's really urgent.

thanks in advance.

I guess the first thing to find out is, what kind of application is your customer using/what software did he use to build his application? My understanding is, you will need an OPC server to allow communication between the Micrologix and your customer's application. Rockwell's RSLinx is one example of an OPC server. I would start by asking your customer for more details about his software application and then figure out how to make it communicate with the Micrologix.

I've seen AdvancedHMI mentioned favorably on here a number of times but I don't know if it supports communications with the 850. It depends on what he used to build his application.

Hello,

> He would like to know the commands in order to read or write the data and the TCP/IP data structures and frames.

AB Ethernet/IP protocol is used. He is in for a long road if he wants to write a stack/driver to read/write data. Not impossible. The protocol implements the full 7 layer OSI model. He does not need to implement all layers but, the layers must be handled in the request/response data packets.

There are a few open source projects floating around that might help him. Not sure if any support the 8xx line.

Or he might try PeakHMI. :-)

Edited by Mark-