diraemon

gx-work2 I/O assignment setting in GX-WORK2

4 posts in this topic

hallo all, I want to ask if I click "read PLC Data" the "points" will appear, I use the QY18A output module that uses 8 points but there is no choice, the smallest is only 16 points. 

so I can't put 148 in the "start XY" column ... will it affect the I / O address in the program? 1.jpg.10c060d292204b02a601844698e975b2.j

Hi diraemom.

As far as I believe it will be reserved for 16 points of data- this is standard for a non-intelligent modules. This is also standard for a reserved module also, I think the reason why this is; is becuase if you replace the module you will be missing 8points of data which means reassigning everything further down the rack.

All intelligent modules get assigned 32points as standard.

So in conclusion....assign as a 16 bit module but only address the first BYTE.

Regards

Daniel

Edited by collinsd70

18 hours ago, collinsd70 said:

Hi diraemom.

As far as I believe it will be reserved for 16 points of data- this is standard for a non-intelligent modules. This is also standard for a reserved module also, I think the reason why this is; is becuase if you replace the module you will be missing 8points of data which means reassigning everything further down the rack.

All intelligent modules get assigned 32points as standard.

So in conclusion....assign as a 16 bit module but only address the first BYTE.

Regards

Daniel

thx u mr. Daniel

Glad I could help, here is the confirmation from the manual; as I said before anything less than a 16point is assigned 16points as a minumum.

So if your module X/Y is 0000h then your BYTE address will be Y0-Y7.

Regards

Daniel.

IMG_3353.PNG