Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
timalg

Prosoft module mvi56-mcm

9 posts in this topic

Dear friends,

Please is there a software to emulate the prosoft module mvi56-mcm.

Thanks.

Hi Timalg.

Im assuming this is Modbus TCP? I do not believe there is any way to emulate the Prosoft Module, however;

According to the Rockwell Forums- Compactlogix and ControlLogix can communicate directly across Modbus TCP via some additional code/AOI, if you have this equipment available and have a supported CPU and firmware revision; this may be worth looking at.

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/470365

Regards

Daniel.

Edited by collinsd70

1 hour ago, collinsd70 said:

Hi Timalg.

Im assuming this is Modbus TCP? I do not believe there is any way to emulate the Prosoft Module, however;

According to the Rockwell Forums- Compactlogix and ControlLogix can communicate directly across Modbus TCP via some additional code/AOI, if you have this equipment available and have a supported CPU and firmware revision; this may be worth looking at.

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/470365

Regards

Daniel.

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your help  Daniel as in our plant we have this kind of communication with the prosoft module,I would like to simulate this communication in my laptop same as there  idc rslogix emulator to emulate the controller and i/ o  of compactlogix,this is only for training  and learning

Okay- thanks for the explanation.

What hardware is the ProSoft Module communicating with? (On the Modbus TCP).

23 hours ago, collinsd70 said:

Okay- thanks for the explanation.

What hardware is the ProSoft Module communicating with? (On the Modbus TCP).

The communication is between allen bradley plc and dcs delta v emerson

Okay. So what do you want to achieve from this setup? Are you wanting to simulate the Modbus TCP Protocol so you can get data to and from your DCS to your PLC?

Regards

Daniel.

Edited by collinsd70

1 hour ago, collinsd70 said:

Okay. So what do you want to achieve from this setup? Are you wanting to simulate the Modbus TCP Protocol so you can get data to and from your DCS to your PLC?

Regards

Daniel.

Yes exactly this is what I want?

Sorry for the delay.

Okay so basically you want to simulate your Plant System using your DCS system and the PLC.

Without the gateway- your physically removing the communication path between them, your best bet is to see if your DCS system can support a direct connection (or even an Ethernet/IP driver) directly to your PLC.

Doing this means you could simulate the entire system (you might have to make a few mods in your PLC for this...but nothing serious).

Regards

Daniel.

The other option you have (as I have read) regarding your DCS interface- is to make an OPC connection via RSlinx Classic then map your tags across there.

Regards

Daniel.

Edited by collinsd70