POCKO

Communicate between GX Works 3 in simulation mode and Citect via MX Component

10 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Have recently embarked on a project that has required me to change over to GX Works 3 in order to link an IQ-R120PCPU to a Citect 2018 SCADA package . In days gone by under IEC Developer and GX Works 2 it was quite easy to establish communications between the programming package running in simulation mode and a running Citect system using the MXCOMP driver via MX Components to perform offline testing. Can't seem to find a way to get it to work under GX Works 3 though, has anyone tried a similar setup

Simulated logic in GX Works 3 is running fine and can modify the IO from inside MX Components "PLC Monitor Utility" program so there is no issues there, just cant get Citect to communicate. MX Component comm's has also been proven reading/writing variable to an excel sheet with GX Works 3 in simulation mode also.

Attached are the files for getting GX Works 2 up and communicating to Citect 2018 via the same method i am trying to get working in GX Works 3 in case anyone ever needs to use that method.

Any help would be appreciated.    

GXWORKS 2 & CITECT 2018.zip

@POCKO You should upgrade your MX Component to new version to have option to select GX Simulator 3 for connection.

Hi Wasan,

Thanks for your reply. For this testing I have been using MX Components v4.17T (latest) and i have been trying to get it working using "GX Simulator 3" settings unsuccessfully.

@POCKO Maybe you should test communication with MX Component with GX Simulator 3 first. If it can use may be problem are from MX Driver in Citect please check at AVEVA that have MXCOM driver update or not.

Hi Wasan,

As per the original post, comm's between MX Component and GX Works 3 is fine.

The issue is between MX Component and Citect. Citect MXCOMP driver is the latest available but this is a few years old and it was written before the IQ-R series was released. That same Citect MXCOMP driver works fine with GX Works 2, just not GX Works 3. For sure it needs to be updated by Schneider/Aveva and I am sure this is where the fault lies but this will take forever to sort out with them. Just wanted to see if someone had an immediate work around or has tried with any success.

It'll end up being a port related issue.

Thanks...

It'll end up being a port related issue.

Do you still know what that setting was in the configurator and Citect 2018 R2?

I have the same issue and don't get it working..

Greetz Sjefke

@Sjefke Could you connect GX Simulator 3 with MX Component by use utility?

Guys, do you know - Citect connects directly to Mitsu with no utilities....(mx comp)

Edited by eziccc

@eziccc Yes it have direct connect to CPU protocol by use MC or SLMP protocol but if you need to communicate with GX Simulator then use MX Component.

Hi, 

I have installed MX Component 4.18 and successfully connected to GX Simulator3. 

However, I cannot get any contact between Citect and GX Simulator.

Current settings in Citect:

1. BOARD = TCPIP
  2. PORT = -I127.0.0.1 -P5511 -T (MX Component port was set to 5511 and GX Simulator3 is running on same PC as Citect)
  3. ioserver protocol = MXCOMP

Citect cannot read data...

Do anyone know if this is a MXCOMP driver problem or if my settings are wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by chek