secretagent

PLC coil winding application help me?

6 posts in this topic

Hi I can make the this pictures system. But my master motor AC motor and Slave Motor Stepping motor. I have the PLC and main motor shaft encoder.
I want to wrap the wire into the coil properly. I'm doing this somehow, but winding goes down when speed increases.. Can you help with the topic?
How should I follow an algorithm??

Animation_Verlegung.gif

12 hours ago, secretagent said:

I'm doing this somehow,...  How should I follow an algorithm??

well, you provided nothing. what is the problem exactly? based on level or detail presented, my response is going to be equally specific:

study datasheets, do the math, apply controls, tweak them until it works. if you have a working algorithm, follow it exactly.

I did something similar to this years ago.

I used a servo to control the speed of the takeup roll with an encoder further upstream and and a PID algorithm.  The speed had a setpoint of line speed in FPM and the encoder was used to calculate a speed as feedback to the PID and it acted inversely to speed up and slow down to control the main spindle.

The traverse was belted or geared off the main spindle and didn't require another motor.  Rather it is simply traversed to one end and a mechanical toggle switch would flip and it would reverse the direction of travel.  There was a screw adjustment for speed (or distance) of traverse per revolution of the shaft.  

2 people like this

The ratio between the master and slave is Number of master encoder pulses for one rotation of the rewind drum divided by Number of slave encoder pulses to move the width of the material.

That was a great animation.

Edited by Samarpreet579
1 person likes this

Here is what I've done with some of the takeup.

1, home position for flange need to go into the recipe, as well as the product diameter, flange travel limit.

2, design how you want to wind your product, how close to the flange you want to go and how many degrees you want to the product to get on top of the inner layer.

3, each 360 degrees master drums rotate, the traverse motor will travel the product diameter. that's how I used the master encoder. Traverse position can be controlled by the PID fuction.

4, adding a dancer to it will help tension and master motor speed control