Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Russ McKenna

Switch Superimposed Window

5 posts in this topic

Using GS2107, FX5U.

I want to change the JPG image on a screen based on if the value in a text box is either 1 or 2, any other value will also have a single default image.

Is there a way to do this via script? Or is there a different way?

Okay - here is something I have done. Under Environmental Setting, Screen Switching/Window. I set the device under Superimpose window to D120. I then use ladder logic to change D120 from 0, 18, 19 based on value in D121. If D121 = 1, then move 18 into D120. If D121=2 then move 19 into D120. Else move 0 into D120.

18 is the screen number for option 1. 19 is the screen number for option 2. There is no screen 0, so blank.

I know you have a solution but there is a different way:

You can use a "Part" - Select a word part display after creating your parts.  Hopefully it is then fairly simple but let us know if you have any questions.

I am exploring this option. Would I then set the Device say D1 to true in ladder logic, and on my form the part is tied to device D1. So if D1 then it would show Part1.

I would like if option 1 then show part 1. If option 2 then part 2. If no option then show nothing. I only have these two options for now, but can see me using this in other applications where I want the superimpose window to show different things.

It can be set to do exactly that.

Word Parts Display -> Device/Style tab -> Detailed setting of parts -> indirect device

The set Parts switching device to D1.