Arnold Schwarzenegger

device point Device point error between Parameter and PLC

6 posts in this topic

Hello all,
I am a beginner with PLCs programming.
I have an issue on GX Developer programming software from Melsoft trying to program my Mitsubishi Q-series PLC. CPU is Q03UDCPU.
When the program is written and I try to upload it to the PLC, with the write to PLC window, I check -Program -- MAIN and -Prameter -- PLC/Network/Remote, click EXECUTE and a message appears : "Device point that is set in parameter is not match the device point in PLC". I can't fix it.
In Parameter - PLC Parameter - Q parameter setting (window) - I/O assignment tab : I have (see image). Whe I use CHECK button it says there is no error.
The X41 input device is plugged on slot 1/00.
I am making this folowing the instructions a PDF I found on the Mitsubishi electric's wesite : Q-series basic course (for GX Developer).

Thanks for the help,

A. S.

Capture 1.PNG

Capture.PNG

Hi Arnie.

You are trying to write to the memory card, is this correct?

Normally with a CPU of this type- we would write to the Standard ROM.

The 'check' button simply checks that the data you've input into the IO Assignment is acceptable (for example 16 points for an intelligent module would not be accepted).

Try the 'Read PLC Data' button then save and try to download again.

Edited by collinsd70

Hi Collins,

Thank you for your quick response !
I tried the way you recommand : it shows the same error message as before.
I also tried both "Write the program memory to ROM" and "Write to PLC (Flash ROM)" via ONLINE --> WRITE TO PLC (Flash ROM). I still executed "Write to PLC (Flash ROM)" with "Param + Prog" checked in File Selection.
Both of the WRITE TO PLC (Flash ROM) executions led to this message : "This function can't execute to selected drive. Check this function and try again. <ES:010a41ff>".
I have to say I'm really a beginner. So I don't know what's the point with this <ES:010a41ff> ...

Hi Arnie.

Please send me a picture of your PLC including all attached modules.

I will send you a GX Developer project that I can bench test on my CPU and confirm working

Otherwise send me your project in a .zip and I will locate the problem.

Regards

Daniel.

Edited by collinsd70

I Do not think this is an error Just a warning message that the Device point in your PLC parameters differs from the one previously downloaded in the PLC parameters.

You can check by creating a new project and uploading the parameters.
Also If you would clear the PLC and download then you probably wouldn't get this message as then there is no setting yet in the PLC.

Hey guys,
Thanks all for responding to the topic. I say it again I'm a real real beginner, so quite lost.
Since friday, my boss (sculptor working with motors for moving parts of the sculptures - that's why we begin and struggle with PLC programming) managed to solve the problem : he simply formated the memory card. It was a new one, never used.