Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paolo_911

JP.Read QJ71E71-100 Channels

3 posts in this topic

I'm using a JP.Read Instruction and from my basic understanding I believe it communicates through a single channel. In the control data I need to specify word address of which channel to use. My question is, if I am trying to communicate with several Q03UDECPU PLCs (say 16 stations using the maximum 16 sockets of the QJ71E71-100 module) is it only possible to communicate simultaneously to 8 stations since it only has 8 channels? I'm trying to continuously read the data of 16 stations as fast as effectively possible, but not sure how to do that with only 8 channels to work with (I think the max channels is 8). 

I would probably setup the various connections in different D addresses, then use a timer/step logic to connect to each one by one. I think you'll be surprised how fast it still is pulling the data. 

Okay thanks. I wasn't sure about this, and wanted to confirm that I could try to step through or use a timer to talk to different stations through one channel. I didn't want to bog down one channel, but I know you're right that it is quite fast. Thank you for the response.