Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
antht

E-treminal Message Library

3 posts in this topic

On my E150's I use a message library to allow the operators to pick reasons for machine stoppages. To do this (for those who aren't familiar) you move the cursor over the current reason and press ENTER. This then takes you to a different screen where you can scroll through the available reasons (the ones I have set on the Message Library). I want to change how you pick the reason you want. I know that you can press ENTER to pick one which takes you back to the original screen. You can also use F2 and F5 on this screen. F2 is captioned SELEC and F5 EXIT. What I want to do is to swap these around so that F2 is EXIT and F5 is SELEC. Is it possible? Its that long since I programmed them I can't remember if I set them like this or whether it was already like this.

Function keys can be allocated as Global or, as is likely in this case, Local devices. To do this, in E-Designer, select the block on which messages are to be displayed and then the 'Header' option from one of the the drop down menu options, I forget which one (or right mouse click on the block and select 'Header'). Then select Function Keys. Select the appropriate function key from the list at the foot of the dialog box and then check the 'Other functions' bullet. A multichoice selection arrow will become visible. From what you have described, one of the keys (F2 or F5) has been assigned to the 'Enter' function and the other has probably been assigned to the 'Return to previous block' function. Swap them over to the arrangement you want, save and download the block to the E150. Job done! It might be worth looking to see if any of the functions have been set up as Globals by going into the Setup menu and selecting 'Function Keys'. Remember that Local key assignments have precedence over Global in any given block.

Yokel Thanks for trying to help but I think you missed the point. I understand Local and Global Keys ok. Also how to change them on the appropriate block. What I want to do is to change them on sthe screen you go to if you 'move your cursor over the current Message Library selection and press Enter'. This takes you to a screen where you can use the up and down arrows to cycle through the different options that have been set in the Message Library. This screen is not one that you have to create (I don't think). At the bottom left hand corner (F2) it says SELEC and bottom right hand corner (F5) it says EXIT. I would ideally like to swap these around but I fear they are set in the Firmware.