Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
got

VB 6 and simatec net

2 posts in this topic

Hi, I wnat to "communicate" from VB to a cp 635 (tp170 + CPU 314) i have a 5611 PCI card for profibus step 7 5.3 and imatic net 6.2. Is there anybdy with some example or tips to do such a things? because i am trying for hours now... Thnaks Olivier

Hi, I've done something similar, but in Ethernet. I've connect a PC and a S7-300. In the PC there is a CP 1512 for ethernet installed, and in the S7-300 I`ve a CP 343-1 for ethernet communication. First of all, try to watch your items with the OPC Scout, supplied with the SimaticNET software. This is an OPC client, similar to the one you want to program in VB6. To be successful on this, you must configure the S7 Project whit the Manager. If you get the items' values with the OPC Scout it means the connection between the S7-300 and the PC (where the OPC Server is installed, I supouse) is OK. With thispart tested, you can start programming VB6 Client. I have some Siemens examples programmed in VB 6 if you need them. You can contact me in vmartinezf@gmail.com