marcunni24

FX3U-ENET - Module not found

5 posts in this topic

Hello all, 

I´ve seen quite a number of similar posts regarding this topic, but none seems to address this problem in particular. I have an FX3G-40M, with a FX3U-ENET module. 

I could establish a successful connection to the PLC via RS232. My problem arises when trying to configure the ethernet module (which I want to use for remote monitoring of the PLC program).

I've followed every step in configuring the connection. But when I attempt to do the WRITE operation (via RS232), I get the following indication:

"The module which supported this function is not found. Please execute again after confirming the module".

I can ping the module (as it has the factory IP 192.168.1.254), but can´t seem to download the configuration properly. When I plug the Ethernet cable, a green led lits up, and another one starts blinking.

I´ve found numerous posts regarding this issue, but all of them had a FX3U-ENET-L module. (And the solution was simply to use another configuration software).

The software I'm using:

- GX Developer-FX Version 8.91V

- FX Configurator-EN Version 1.30 

Any hint you can give me of what can be causing this issue, will be very much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Martin

Do you have any other extension units?

Edit: are you sure the default IP address is 192.168.1.254?

Edited by Veganic

Hello Veganic, 

Yes, the PLC has other extension units. In order

FX3U-485ADP-MB / FX3U-4DA-ADP / FX3U-4DA-ADP / FX3G-CNV-ADP<--(Left Side)<-- FX3G-40M -->(Right side)--> FX2N-8EX-ES / FX2N-8EYT-ESS / FX2N-8ER-ES / FX3U-ENET.

Regarding the IP address, I did a network scan, using a direct connection (no router), and that's the address that popped up (also, in the FX-Configurator software, it was the default IP address that appeared).

Thanks for the response.

Update FX Configurator-EN to version 1.40 (can be found on Mitsubishi's website I believe - you have to register).

Many thanks for the responses. I will try and let you know.

Regards.

Martin