JDtech

GOT1000 GT14xx to GT1150 Issues

6 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Hoping for a little guidance here... I"m currently working on a booklet maker (Duplo DBM500) that has a F940GOT panel & has "lost" it's project information (I'm not the first tech to be involved). The agent has provided software for the machine however this appears to be for a GOT1000 GT14xx panel. We have access to a GOT1000 GT1150 & I have used GT Designer3 to load the provided software, change the GOT Type & save files to CF Card. On updating the GOT it updates the OS (From 3.01 to 5.6), downloads the data/project/settings etc but afterwards hangs on initializing. If I  remove the CF Card & try to re-enter setup it says "please install the standard OS". I have my suspicions the agent has provided software for a newer machine (as opposed the same machine with a newer GOT) but at this point they can't provide anything else. I'm fairly new to this & I'm sure there's plenty I could be overlooking too.

Ideally we would get the machine running with the original F940GOT, but at this stage we're open to anything. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, James.

"please install the standard OS"

When you get this message you haven't installed the OS yet from GT designer.
In your transfer setup. You get a list tree. The first section is the project. The seconde "Standard Monitor OS). You need to download this part into the GOT. 

Download this into the Built in Flash memory. (Yo have to change the destination drive from SD to Flash memory before you see the complete tree)

Thanks for your reply. Everything was set as per your advice & all parts of Standard monitor OS were selected. It must be updating the standard monitor OS as if I let it boot of the CF a second time it then prompts to replace OS Ver 5.6 with OS Ver 5.6. Could it be something to do with the core OS/boot OS not matching Ver 5.6? If I download its original Ver 3.01 based project/OS back into it everything is fine.

Thanks again, James

To follow up, the "Please install Standard OS" message is displayed in the same manner on a functional setup so I don't think that's part of the issue.

The GOT is loading project data & then stalls at the first (initializing) screen. I am using a demo version of GT designer3 & when loading the project initially it prompts me that the project was written in a newer version & functions that this version doesn't support will be removed... could this be the issue? All I'm doing from there is changing the GOT Type from 14xx to 11xx & then writing to CF. Really hope someone can see where I'm going wrong here.

Cheers, James

First of all why write to CF. Is the project that big ??

The message you receive is a standard message you get when the project was made with a new version of GT designer.
If it looks like the project freezes at the first screen than you probably just don't have communication with your PLC. 
When you changed the project to GT11 most likely the comm settings went back to default

What are you communicating with ?

CF is just the most convenient way to get into the GOT in it's current situation. The GOT communicates with a proprietary Duplo MCU board. I'll try again tomorrow & double check the coms settings remain unchanged. Cheers